Summit Freeriders to act as ambassadors for Ski-Doo
You can ride and interact with the team at select events
Story by Staff, Nov. 03, 2010Email a friend Print Friendly RSS
The "Summit Freeriders" include a five time X-Games medalist, one of the most photographed extreme winter sports personalities ever, guys you see in the extreme snowmobiling movies, former racers and adventure seekers who never stop looking for fresh powder to play in.
And when the riding day is done, the "Summit Freeriders" will be talking about their good times via online media, along with their take on the gear they wear, how they customize their sleds to fit their style, even riding tips.
The "Summit Freeriders" have different backgrounds, different riding styles and different ideas about what makes a great day on the snow. The "Summit Freeriders" include some well known names:
• Heath Frisby from Middleton, Idaho, professional freestyle snowmobiler, 5 time X-Games Medalist, Freestyle motocrosser.
• Rob Hoff from Alpine, Wyo., Back Country specialist, appearing in seven films over the past two years.
• Carl Kuster from Malakwa, B.C. extreme mountain rider, former snocross racer.
• Dan Treadway from Pemberton, B.C. pro extreme skier and snowmobiler.
And a couple guys you will get to know soon:
• Calvin Felker from Fort Collins, Colo., extreme mountain rider, former snocross racer.
Calvin was a dominant western Pro snocross racer just a few years ago and now works in his family’s powersports dealership. Calvin is especially knowledgeable about Ski-Doo snowmobiles and the technical side of the machines. He’s also skilled at teaching people to ride in the powder.
• Dave Norona from Vancouver, B.C., professional adventure athlete.
Dave is one of those guys who takes in all life has to offer. When it comes to outdoor competition and adventure, he’s done it – or is currently doing it; from motorcycles and snowmobiles to bikes and skis.
In addition to their regular casual rides, the "Summit Freeriders" will be hitting the snow with customers at select dealer events and demo rides. They’ll also be making limited appearances at powersports shows this fall.